Dr. Arpit Chhabra is an attending radiation oncologist at the New York Proton Center and specializes in the treatment of central nervous system (CNS) tumors, head and neck cancers, as well as malignancies of the gastrointestinal (GI) and genitourinary (GU) tracts. He is also an Assistant Clinical Professor in the Department of Radiation Oncology at Mount Sinai Health System.
Before coming to the New York Proton Center, Dr. Chhabra completed a dedicated proton therapy fellowship at the University of Maryland and was a practicing radiation oncologist with the Central Connecticut Radiation Oncology group specializing in the treatment of all adult malignancies.
→ Anal Cancer
→ Rectal Cancer
→ Testicular Cancer
New York University School of Medicine
University of Maryland
University of Maryland and Maryland Proton Treatment Center, Advanced Radiation Modalities
After his residency, Dr. Chhabra went on to complete an Advanced Radiation Modalities Fellowship at the University of Maryland and Maryland Proton Treatment Center, receiving specialized training in Proton Therapy.
Dr. Chhabra has published numerous papers and textbook chapters on the utilization of proton beam therapy and has earned awards for outstanding achievement in clinical research. He is currently leading multiple research initiatives looking at novel indications for proton beam therapy and is co-principal investigator on ongoing proton beam therapy clinical trials.
In addition to his clinical responsibilities, Dr. Chhabra is the Director of Education and lead physician of the International Relations program at the New York Proton Center. He has also been appointed to the following national and international committees:
– Proton Collaborative Group (PCG) Central Nervous System, Gastrointestinal and Sarcoma Disease Site Committees
– Particle Therapy Co-Operative Group (PTCOG) Head and Neck, Genitourinary, Gastrointestinal, Skull Base/CNS/Sarcoma Subcommittees
– National Association for Proton Therapy (NAPT) Committee
– American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO) Payor Relations and Government Relations Subcommittee
– American College of Radiation Oncology (ACRO) Education Committee
– The Radiosurgery Society (RSS) GRID-Lattice-Microbeam-Flash Radiotherapy Clinical Working Group
– American College of Healthcare Executives/ACHE (Connecticut Chapter), Co-Chair Membership Committee