Business Ethics Integrity is a key principle for the selection and retention of those who do business with NYPC.
NYPC expects its business partners to pursue the best interests of NYPC, as well as the patients and communities we serve.
Business partners are expected to:
• Operate in compliance with all applicable legal requirements.
• Never pursue any business opportunity or relationship which would compromise the ethical standards or violate a law or regulation of NYPC.
• Respect the rights and dignity of NYPC employees and patients. NYPC will not tolerate any form of abuse, harassment or intimidation in the workplace. Harassment or illegal discrimination of any kind is unacceptable.
• Protect the physical and intellectual property of NYPC and any assets entrusted to their care against loss, theft, destruction, misappropriation and misuse.
• Not use for personal gain any information obtained as a business partner of NYPC.
• Comply with all relevant government requirements regarding record, document, and data treatment and retention, including the confidentiality of medical records and other proprietary information.
• Report suspected violation of any law, regulation or policy to the Compliance Officer of the facility with which the business partner has a relationship. Retaliation against anyone who, in good faith, reports such violations will not be permitted.
Sections of the NYPC Code of Conduct are specifically applicable to vendors.